Working collaboratively with other researchers and institutions can be a great way to advance your research. However, having control of your data is also of paramount importance. Striking a balance between these two factors can seem challenging, but RSpace makes it easy!
RSpace is a secure electronic lab notebook that allows you to collaborate easily and efficiently with others on your research without worrying about data security. RSpace gives you and your lab explicit control over your data: you choose who can see what content, and can change these settings at any time. RSpace takes your data security seriously.
All RSpace products use HTTPS to encrypt network connections, and passwords are stored securely. Compliance with the US Food and Drug Administration’s Title 21 CFR part 11 (21CFR11) is the international standard for scientific data management, and RSpace is no exception. The key elements of 21CFR11 that are supported by RSpace are as follows:
- Data is true and accurate record of your work.
- Ability to create accurate copies and human readable exports for inspection.
- Limited, secure, role-based access by authorized individuals only.
- Secure audit trail that records all user actions with computer generated timestamps.
- All changes are visible, older versions remain available for inspection.
- All records remain available in the system for the period of the study (i.e. permanently for most academic labs).
- Training in proper use of the system is available and completed by all users.
- Digital signatures can be used to lock documents and signatures cannot be separated from the data they safeguard.
- Proper password management procedures, system security and access / activity logging are all part of the system.
- For the highest level of compliance, you lab procedures will need to be professionally validated in-situ by qualified specialists. The team at ResearchSpace can assist you with every step of this process
Whether you are using cloud-based RSpace Community or an on-premises installation of RSpace Enterprise for labs and institutions, you can be confident that your data is secure and in your control.
When doing collaborative research using RSpace, a the following features help ensure the security of your data:
- The ability to sign and witness documents as complete and locked for further editing.
- Unique IDs for all documents to make ownership explicit.
- The option to unshare documents that have been shared with others at any time.
- Configurable sharing settings to allow read-only or edit privileges.
RSpace is a robust, modern ELN with the features you need to enhance your research collaboration while keeping your research data in your control.