At Research Space, our mission is to provide the best possible Electronic Research Notebook to enable scientists to manage their research data. Thousands of scientists worldwide trust RSpace to securely store, navigate, retrieve, and share their work.
As RSpace gets more widely used, we now have a large backlog of feature requests and API integrations to implement.
Research Space is a small, globally-dispersed, but tightly-knit team. You can expect minimal bureaucracy, autonomy in organizing your working day, and the code you write to have a rapid and visible benefit to our users. You'll be equally happy investigating a new API integration, tuning a database query in Hibernate, refactoring to improve the code base, or clarifying requirements with stakeholders - flexibility is vital.
1. Strong development skills in Java (8/11), including JUnit testing.
2. Java frameworks Spring5 MVC, Hibernate 5.
4. Expertise with HTTP protocols, REST APIs and full-stack web app development.
5. Demonstrable awareness of secure coding principles, performance and resilience.
6. Experience working as part of a development team on a substantial shared project.
7. Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written.
· Demonstrable enthusiasm for keeping up to date with the latest developments in the Java, web technology, and wider software ecosystems.
· Fast learner and willing to learn new skills and tools.
· Experience in life-science research or bio/chemo-informatics.
· An interest in research data management.
· Experience with React JS library.
We understand you have a life outside work and we will respect your non-working and family time.
Research Space is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
· Competitive salary based on experience and skills.
· Fully remote role in a fully remote company.
· Annual budget for training materials and courses to develop your skills.
If you are interested, please apply to Dr Richard Adams at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref DEV-18 with your CV and a short covering letter explaining why you’d like to join us and how you can contribute.