At ResearchSpace, our mission is to provide the best possible Electronic Lab Notebook to enable life-science researchers to manage their research data. Thousands of scientists worldwide trust our software to securely store, navigate, retrieve, and share their work.
As a result of expanding demand, we are looking for a full-time web developer to enhance the product with new features and improvements.
We are a small team, working remotely, with a flat organizational structure. You can expect minimal bureaucracy, and the code you write to have a rapid and visible benefit to our users.
- Good understanding and experience of HTML, CSS, JS, jQuery.
- Good understanding and experience of React and React Hooks.
- Good understanding and experience of GIT workflow.
- Pro-active approach to continuous improvement in software quality and development practices.
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies to meet customers’ needs.
- Professional experience with designing and/or consuming REST APIs.
- Awareness and knowledge of orthogonal software skills such as secure coding, performance, and resilience.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written.
Good to have
- Working knowledge of Java/Spring/server-side development.
- Experience in life-science research or bio/chemo-informatics.
- Experience working with third-party APIs (REST).
- Fast learner and willing to learn new skills and tools.
- Strong adherence to coding standards.
- Writing clean and self-documented code.
- Experience with testing tools like Jest, Mocha, Chai.
- Understanding of functional programming.
- Experience with Agile development techniques.
- Experience working with full-stack web applications.
- Understanding of web design and UX main concepts.
Degree level education, in a Computer Science related course, or equivalent professional experience.
We understand you have a life outside work and we will respect your non-working and family time.
- Competitive salary based on experience and skills
- Fully remote role in a fully remote company, indefinitely
- Be part of a fast-growing startup and create an impact
If you are interested, please apply to email@example.com quoting ref DEV-16 with your CV, GitHub account, and a short covering letter explaining why you’d like to join us and how you can contribute.