At ResearchSpace, our mission is to provide the best possible Electronic Lab Notebook to enable life-science researchers to manage their research data. Thousands of scientists worldwide trust our RSpace software to securely store, navigate, retrieve, and share their work.
As RSpace gets more widely used, we now have a large backlog of feature requests and 3rd party integrations to implement.
We are looking for a full-time Java / backend developer to enhance the product with new features and improvements.
ResearchSpace is a small, globally-dispersed, but tightly-knit team. You can expect minimal bureaucracy, autonomy in organizing your working day, and the code you write to have a rapid and visible benefit to our users. You’ll be equally happy inspecting a hex dump of a possible corrupted image, tuning a database query in Hibernate, refactoring to improve the code base, or clarifying requirements with stakeholders – flexibility is vital.
- Strong development skills in Java (8/11)
- Java frameworks such as Spring5 MVC, Hibernate 5, Hibernate Search, and their associated design patterns such as DAO, dependency injection, etc.
- Writing good unit tests using JUnit 5
- Experience working as part of a development team on a substantial shared project
- Familiarity with HTTP protocols and Java webapp development.
- Demonstrable awareness of orthogonal skills such as secure coding, performance
- Good working knowledge of MySQL querying and table design.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written.
Good to have
- Experience in life-science research or bio/chemo-informatics.
- An interest in research data management.
- Enthusiasm for keeping up to date with the latest developments in the Java ecosystem.
- REST API design and documentation.
- Experience working with third-party APIs (REST).
- Fast learner and willing to learn new skills and tools.
- Strong adherence to coding standards.
- Writing clean and self-documented code.
- Experience working with full-stack web applications.
We understand you have a life outside work and we will respect your non-working and family time.
- Competitive salary based on experience and skills
- Fully remote role in a fully remote company, indefinitely
- Be part of a fast-growing startup and create an impact
If you are interested, please apply to email@example.com quoting ref DEV-17 with your CV, GitHub account, and a short covering letter explaining why you’d like to join us and how you can contribute.