As of version 1.43 RSpace supports mathematical equation editing using a LaTeX based equation editor. LaTeX is a markup language, used for typesetting documents and mathematical expressions. LaTeX is especially useful within academia and industry, since it is the standard format for the communication and publication of scientific documents.
If you are unfamiliar with LaTeX, this wikibook is a great source of information. In particular the sections on mathematics and advanced mathematics show how to format all kinds of equations and expressions.
Inserting an equation into an RSpace document is extremely simple:
- Make sure the document is in ‘Edit’ mode (if it isn’t, double clicking on the document will switch from ‘View’ to ‘Edit’ mode)
- Click on the ‘Equation Editor’ icon in the menu bar, as shown in the screenshot below
- A pop up box will open asking you to enter your equation in LaTex
- Once you have entered the expression you may preview it’s appearance by clicking the ‘Parse Equation’ button
- You can manipulate the size of the equation as it appears in the document using the ‘Zoom In’ and ‘Zoom Out’ buttons
- When you are happy with how the equation looks click the ‘Insert’ button
- If you wish to edit the equation later on click on it and then click on the ‘Edit Equation’ button that appears as shown in the screenshot below